Provider Manual

Customer Service

Customer Services for KCMHSAS is available by contacting us at 2030 Portage Street in Kalamazoo.  The telephone numbers are (269) 553-7000 or (888) 553-7160.  The primary responsibilities of Customer Services for KCMHSAS are to:


Provide an initial welcome and an orientation of the services and benefits available through the community mental health and substance use service system, as well as an overview of the network of providers in our service system.


  • Provide information about how to access mental health, substance use, primary health and other community services.

  • Provide information about how to access the processes that are in place to protect the rights of the people we serve. This includes providing assistance to file grievances, complaints, or appeals.

  • Provide assistance with questions and problems about community benefits.


Q. Where do I find the Handbook?
A. You can print the entire book or any necessary handouts by clicking on Customer Handbook (this link leads you to SWMBH's website where you can always have access to the most current version of the Customer Handbook as well as the Spanish versions.  Once there, click on the blue "Member Documents" drop down menu bar then select the version of the handbook you wish to access.) or contact customer service at (269) 553-7000.

Q. Where do I find Adverse Benefit Determination (Medicaid) and/or Acton Notice (Non-Medicaid) forms?
A. Located on KCMHSAS's portal, the Adverse Benefit Determination (Medicaid) and Action Notice Non-Medicaid (Non-Mediciad) forms can also be accessed by clicking the links provided or contacting the Customer Services office at (269) 553-7000 to request printed versions.  You can access instructions for completion by clicking this link.  

Q.  What do I do if a customer needs an interpreter for appointments?
A.  Click on this link Quick Guide to Interpreter Services.  

Q.  How do I get training regarding Action Notices and/or Customer Appeals?
A.  Training is provided on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at the KCMHSAS Training Center. If you have a question about a how to complete a particular Action Notice for a customer, please contact Customer Services.

Q. How can I help a customer appeal a service decision?
A.  If a customer wants you to help them to appeal, first inform your supervisor and secure the customer's signature on a Consumer Representative Request, intended to grant you that permission.

Customer Service



<<<Previous         Home         Next>>>

 Back to Top